We are looking for agricultural specialist to provide assistance on crops and livestock production. The successful candidate should have bias in crop choice and rotation, cultivation and harvesting, soil and water issues, and animal husbandry and nutrition. Agriculture specialist will closely work with our farmers and livestock managers to ensure the success of our business operations.
We are always looking to find the best talented and skilled persons to add to our professional team.
AGRIBANKS Limited is a contractor and agricultural investment company established to increase food security and the production of cash crops in Uganda and the rest of African countries.
One of our priorities is enforce Agricultural Inclusion, where all sectors are joined in fight against Global-national hunger and poverty. Through our transparent system ‘Investment Plan,’ individuals, urban residents, working-class, farmers, investors, people in the diaspora, and other groups are now able to invest in the agricultural sector. This has addressed the issues associated with limited time and agricultural skills among these groups. Since establishment, we have been doing this through sensitizing, public awareness, and training and equipping people with relevant skills in agriculture. We are also engaged in research and development (R&D) in the agricultural industry, and implement modern methods of farming that protect the environment and save lives.
Duty Station: Kampala (multiple locations)
Report to: General Manager Operations/ Managing Director
Type of job: contract
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide counselling and advisory services on the production of both crops and livestock, for example cultivation, fertilization, harvesting, and animal care.
- Plans, organizes, and manages the operation of our major farms with several subdivisions such as dairy crops or cattle.
- Plans and directs the management program of a large beef or dairy herd.
- Supervises the maintenance of farm facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Prepares budget estimates and recommendations for personnel, equipment, and operating supplies.
- Plans a wide variety of research programs, experimental projects, and tests with research scientists.
- Sets-up and adapts research facilities, methods, and procedures.
- Plans breeding programs and assists in calving difficulties.
- Selects, trains, and supervises farm and herd personnel.
- Supervises dairy operations; grows, harvests, and stores forage and grain crops; maintains an appropriate system of pasture management.
- Maintains breeding, feeding, registration, herd health, and milk production records.
- Handles transfers, cattle sales, and exhibits.
- Maintains appropriate health and sanitary standards in milking operations.
- Purchases farm supplies and equipment.
- Collects samples and records various kinds of research data; prepares research and project reports.
- Supervises artificial insemination of cattle; schedules preventive treatments, and maintains normal herd health standards.
- Formulates feed rations.
- Prepares periodic reports and maintains appropriate files and records.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or university equivalent to a master’s degree with major course work in animal science or animal husbandry.
- Considerable experience in farm management; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A degree in soil/earth sciences, agriculture, horticulture, crop/plant science or animal science.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of beef and dairy cattle management and operations.
- Thorough knowledge of plant and cattle diseases and of the methods of prevention and cure.
- Considerable knowledge of modern agricultural methods and experimental farming practices.
- Considerable knowledge of animal science research methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of farm equipment, materials, and maintenance techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of subordinate personnel.
- Ability to maintain appropriate records and to prepare reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with research scientists, administrative personnel, and fellow-employees
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) statement
AGRIBANKS Limited provides equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, nationality color, size, sex, marital status, religion, age, gender identity, disability, and veteran status. No fee is required to process your application. Any false information will lead to disqualification during and or after employee appointment.
Disability Accommodations Statement
Our workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require any further assistance, including technical assistance with the AGIBANKS Limited Careers website or submission process, please contact our online support team via our live chat or email@example.com, or WhatsApp provided on the website or contact our human resources department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, during working days.
Monday: Friday 8am – 5pm
CV & Letter and send to: email@example.com
Deadline: October 17th 2020, before 12:59 time zone, East Africa Time.