We are looking for a knowledgeable, thorough Agronomist who can develop better farming practices and find effective solutions for the food and farming industry. The Agronomist will conduct research and field checks, take samples and make observations, perform soil, plants, seeds, and product tests, and identify and solve problems related to plant or soil nutrition, damage from insects or wildlife, weather or climate changes, or the use of specialized products, such as pesticides, fertilizers, etc. Using this information, you will also help farmers develop techniques to increase crop quality and yield. To be a successful Agronomist, you should be focused on developing and promoting better farming practices. You should self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical with excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
We are always looking to find the best talented and skilled persons to add to our professional team.
AGRIBANKS Limited is a contractor and agricultural investment company established to increase food security and the production of cash crops in Uganda and the rest of African countries.
One of our priorities is enforce Agricultural Inclusion, where all sectors are joined in fight against Global-national hunger and poverty. Through our transparent system ‘Investment Plan,’ individuals, urban residents, working-class, farmers, investors, people in the diaspora, and other groups are now able to invest in the agricultural sector. This has addressed the issues associated with limited time and agricultural skills among these groups. Since establishment, we have been doing this through sensitizing, public awareness, and training and equipping people with relevant skills in agriculture. We are also engaged in research and development (R&D) in the agricultural industry, and implement modern methods of farming that protect the environment and save lives.
Duty Station: Kampala (multiple locations)
Report to: General Manager Operations/ Managing Director
Type of job: Part Time/ contract
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Promoting products or services and techniques through educational presentations.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Offering personalized consultation services to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or related field.
- More training and experience may be preferred.
- Additional certifications may be an added advantage.
- Considerable knowledge of modern agricultural methods and experimental farming practices
- Considerable knowledge of animal science research methods, techniques, and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of farm equipment, materials, marketing and maintenance techniques
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills are also a major plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) statement
AGRIBANKS Limited provides equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, nationality color, size, sex, marital status, religion, age, gender identity, disability, and veteran status. No fee is required to process your application. Any false information will lead to disqualification during and or after employee appointment.
Disability Accommodations Statement
Our workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require any further assistance, including technical assistance with the AGIBANKS Limited Careers website or submission process, please contact our online support team via our live chat or email@example.com, or WhatsApp provided on the website or contact our human resources department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, during working days.
Monday: Friday 8am – 5pm
CV & Letter and send to: email@example.com
Deadline: October 17th 2020, before 12:59 time zone, East Africa Time.