We are looking for Field Research Assistants to help us in collecting relevant field data, Collects edits, processes, and coordinates research data in support of a specified research study or group of studies. Arranges and conducts field interviews as appropriate to the study, and records research data in accordance with specified protocol and procedures. He/She must be prepared to Travel to various sites within a specified geographical area, as appropriate to the objectives of the study.
AGRIBANKS is a Private Limited—Agricultural Contractor and Investment Company established to increase food security and the production of cash crops among families. One of our priorities is to attract and help different groups of people, such as youth, monthly earners, and people living in the diaspora to invest in agribusiness. We are also established to conduct research and development (R&D) in the agricultural sector and implement modern methods of farming that protect the environment and save lives.
Position: Research Assistants/ Field Workers
Report to: Field Supervisor
Type of Job: Contract
Location: Multiple Fields
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travels to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study.
- As appropriate to the specified position, codes and verifies data in accordance with the specified research protocol and coding procedures, and enters data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis.
- Develops or assists in the development of interview schedules; contacts potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol, and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone.
- Identifies and compiles lists of potential research subjects in accordance with study objectives and parameters, as appropriate to the individual position.
- Conducts and records face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures, and documentation standards.
- Reviews and edits data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follows up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
- May set up, calibrate, and maintain laboratory and/or field research equipment, as specified by the requirements of the study.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Advanced High school level or High school diploma
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in identifying and recruiting research subjects.
- Interviewing and data collection skills.
- Ability to understand and apply specified field and/or laboratory research procedures and protocols.
- Computer data entry skills.
- Skill in the use of computer spreadsheets and/or database applications in the compilation of research data.
- Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data.
The position requires: a) travels to remote field sites; b) using established research protocol, procedures, and techniques to collect and/or prepare biological field data, samples, specimens, materials, and/or media; c) following detailed protocol and procedures in the recording, processing, and routine analysis of field data; d) setting up and operation of relevant research equipment.
Send your CV and Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 18th December 2020.
Our website: www.agribanks.org