We are looking for a general manager sales and marketing to help the company in developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet company objectives. Conduct customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implements marketing plan changes as needed. Manage Nationwide marketing, advertising and promotional staff and all relevant activities.
We are always looking to find the best talented and skilled persons to add to our professional team.
AGRIBANKS Limited is a contractor and agricultural investment company established to increase food security and the production of cash crops in Uganda and the rest of African countries.
One of our priorities is enforce Agricultural Inclusion, where all sectors are joined in fight against Global-national hunger and poverty. Through our transparent system ‘Investment Plan,’ individuals, urban residents, working-class, farmers, investors, people in the diaspora, and other groups are now able to invest in the agricultural sector. This has addressed the issues associated with limited time and agricultural skills among these groups. Since establishment, we have been doing this through sensitizing, public awareness, and training and equipping people with relevant skills in agriculture. We are also engaged in research and development (R&D) in the agricultural industry, and implement modern methods of farming that protect the environment and save lives.
- Team leader, persuasive and innovative
Knowledge in Sign language will be an added advantage
Duty Station: Kampala
Report to: Board of Directors
Type of job: Full time
- Design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plan for the company.
- Support and facilitate development and implementation of marketing plans.
- Plan and administer the company’s Marketing budget and keep cost in control.
- Customize materials according to specific market or customer requirements.
- Develop promotional material and distribution
- Train the marketing team for prospective client meetings, presentations, etc.
- Responsible for the Public relations efforts
- Connection with External vendors and consultants
- Supervise Marketing Assistant, Client Services Administrator, Communications Manager and Regional Marketing Managers.
- Make staffing and hiring decisions within marketing department.
- Build and develop a marketing team which is competent, commercially astute, dedicated and efficient.
- Manage day to day activity with PR, press and marketing communications agencies
- Focus on the Branding principles and tactics through multimedia and advertisement.
Desired qualifications and skills:
- MBA in Marketing or related field
- Minimum 8 years of marketing experience in FMCG organizations
- 2+ years’ experience at director level or 5 years experiences as marketing manager.
- Experience with new media and internet advertising
- Considerable knowledge of modern agricultural methods and experimental farming practices.
- Considerable knowledge of animal science research methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of farm equipment, materials, marketing and maintenance techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent Inter-personal Skills
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach
Flexible and open to changes and able to manage multiple tasks in restricted timeframes
Be able to take critical decisions and handle stress
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) statement
AGRIBANKS Limited provides equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, nationality color, size, sex, marital status, religion, age, gender identity, disability, and veteran status. No fee is required to process your application. Any false information will lead to disqualification during and or after employee appointment.
Disability Accommodations Statement
Our workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require any further assistance, including technical assistance with the AGIBANKS Limited Careers website or submission process, please contact our online support team via our live chat or firstname.lastname@example.org, or WhatsApp provided on the website or contact our human resources department via email at email@example.com, during working days.
Monday: Friday 8am – 5pm
CV & Letter and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: October 17th 2020, before 12:59 time zone, East Africa Time.